05 Mar You Know You’re a Mum When…
So it’s Mother’s Day 2016!! What is it about being a Mum that deserves a glass being raised in our honour?
1) You have an uncontrollable sway whenever you are stood up for any length of time. Unnoticed at home….just bizarre in the workplace and general society.
2) Every garment of your clothing has snot somewhere on it, either wet or dry. Someone seeing your child with a snot candle is the stuff of nightmares. It’s almost as bad as letting them do their own craft homework.
3) Your knickers have gone from dental floss to superking fitted sheet size. You bought some big cotton comfies for taking into hospital and could never beat to throw them away.
4) You have to fight the urge to cheer when someone burps or to sniff bottoms when you pick up the vague scent of a trump.
5) You crave a night out with your partner only to do nothing but talk about the kids wistfully when you do and rush home ever so slightly.
6) Your handbag transforms from an organised vessel for essentials to a hotbed of crushed biscuits, fluff, old dummies, weaning spoons and odd baby socks.
7) Sex becomes a special occasion only activity (it would have to be a real occasion to make the shaving and bathing worthwhile).
8) On the rare occasions you do indulge, you hear children’s footsteps at least twice, usually imaginary
9) You go to bed feeling guilty for something every single night whether it was for shouting at them to get them to put their school shoes on quicker or for forgetting their morning snack in their school bag. You always feel like they deserve more and that you aren’t quite measuring up.
10) You are lucky enough to experience the purest most unconditional love that life has to offer. You have moments where your love for your baby washes over you in an overwhelming wave and you just want to breathe them in and become one again. There is no other feeling like it.
Happy Mother’s Day ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️